I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes adventure doesn’t just come your way. Sometimes you have to go out and actively seek it. So when life starts to get a little too boring, here are six ways to incorporate easy adventure into your life.
- Take a road trip. Just because you don’t have anywhere to go doesn’t mean you can’t go anyway. Find a small town within an hour away and create your own adventure. Don’t use a map (until it’s time to return home, that is.) Instead, follow road signs and your instincts to a unique store, a cute bakery or a city park.
- Get rid of your car for a few days. Use it as an opportunity to take public transportation, or better yet, walk or ride your bike. If you have to get somewhere, carpool with someone you don’t know very well and get to know them.
- Visit a random cemetery. This one may sound creepy at first, but cemeteries can be incredibly beautiful. Try to find the oldest tombstone or the most unique. And if you’re really ambitious, go exploring at night.
- Camp out in your backyard. Maybe save this one for a warmer month. With or without a tent, camping in your own backyard is relatively safe, convenient, and you get to take a shower in the morning.
- Send a message in a bottle. You don’t know if anyone will actually get your message, but why not find out? Maybe this could be you.
- Go to your nearest thrift store. Buy a book you wouldn’t normally buy, but for a dollar you will. Vow to read it all.